August 25, 2007

Rough Days And Palestine

Maybe it's the dog days of August, but these are rough days. Several friends have died just in the last month. Hell, it's hard even reading the news lately.

Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn't take one more step
In this frame of mind, I am not surprised to find my thoughts turning to Palestine, perhaps the most painful of all the "world news" stories because it feels like there's so little hope of turning the situation around.

I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, but I'd like to quietly request that you watch the following video clip from a few short months ago, mounted here from YouTube. Because there may also be times when your mind, like mine, shies away from thoughts about the plight of the Palestinian people, exactly because it it so painful to contemplate.

We owe them our attention. We owe them more, and I'll comment on that in a forthcoming post, but for now, please watch. And feel free to comment.

No comments: